CLEVELAND IS THE REASON BY BRIANA MILLER
As a predominantly green and blue minded person, I have always told myself that I struggled with creativity my entire life. Until recently, it dawned on me that I live in the most creative location in the nation. Cleveland is always the reason.
10 Reasons Cleveland is the ultimate creative press
- Winning one championship in the past 52 years pushes you to embellish the story of how great that night was every time your friend from Boston or Chicago manages to effortlessly snag a spot at another parade.
- Empty alleyways next to one strung with lights and colorful artwork invite you to think about what that old abandoned warehouse can be in the next rebuild project
- How are you going to keep yourself entertained in your $2 Browns seat down by 21 at halftime?
- Finding the perfect apartment in a city with a 99% occupancy rate? Second right answer it is!
- Finding the perfect two word titles to sum up the most traumatic moments in your long dreary Cleveland sports life. The Shot. The Fumble. The Drive. The Decision. The Move. Aroldis Chapman.
- “I live in the snowbelt” translates to “For at least 3 months out of the year I have to find a way to manage my normal everyday life while buried under two feet of snow”
- There are nine Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the Greater Cleveland area. All their recruiters have to find a way to convince the best candidates that Cleveland is the place to call home over Chicago, Boston, NYC, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc.
- Ever try to be at the same place, at the same time as 1.3 million other people? Then stand for four more hours than expected? Not only do you have the second right answer for the next championship parade but also the third, fourth, and fifth.
- Searching for new grocery stores in the most hidden parts of town during the Holidays in order to get the last bottles of liquid gold itself. (Great Lakes Christmas Ale)
- “Who is your favorite Cavs player… other than LeBron?” Defy the King himself? How? Answering this question requires the full creative process. Don’t ever expect an honest spontaneous answer.